You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yes, there are URLs at the beginning of each chapter. The resources which are specific to each project cannot should not be shared publicly, but the ‘core skills’ files are available to everyone.

Affinity Designer: https://affin.co/coreskills

Affinity Photo: https://affin.co/photocoreskills

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I’m not sure I understand your question, @Erez. Once you know the URLs you will be able to visit them at any time, but there should be no need to revisit them unless your downloads are faulty.

Alfred spacer.png

@Alfred yes i tried to ask if i will be able to visit the link many times as i wish cause i want to know if i have backup if for any reason i will lose my resources files

And if i understood u right u say there is no problem to visit these links few times (with no limit)

I will ask one more question

Are u know if i will be able to open the link on mac and few days later on my pc?

Thanks u

(:

4 minutes ago, Erez said:

Are u know if i will be able to open the link on mac and few days later on my pc?

Yes, you should be able to do that, but why not save the files to a removable storage device so that you don’t have to download them all over again? :/

Alfred spacer.png

On 9/30/2020 at 5:25 PM, Alfred said:

Yes, there are URLs at the beginning of each chapter. The resources which are specific to each project cannot be shared publicly, but the ‘core skills’ files are available to everyone.

Affinity Designer: https://affin.co/coreskills

Michael

I finally got to the point where I want to teach myself UX/UI design. So I am trying to download the resources mentioned on P.362 and 414 and cannot for the life of me, understand what's difficult about [LINK REDACTED] and then it directs to [LINK REDACTED]

which results in 

This page could not be found.

Can you please assist.

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

11 hours ago, DiviSmart said:

I finally got to the point where I want to teach myself UX/UI design. So I am trying to download the resources mentioned on P.362 and 414 and cannot for the life of me, understand what's difficult about [LINK REDACTED] and then it directs to  [LINK REDACTED]

Both of those work for me when I click them in your message, and result in a download beginning for a .zip file, with a prompt whether to save it or open it in Windows Explorer.

Could you give us a screenshot including the full browser window that would show the location bar? Or perhaps you should try a different browser?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for your reply. I was get'ing 404, but I did not see it in fact download in the downloads folder. The problem is I was drawn to the shiny object called 404.

I do appreciate your fast response. So it's all good, but Affinity should change their page to something other than 404.

Michael

------
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

1 minute ago, DiviSmart said:

So it's all good, but Affinity should change their page to something other than 404.

I don't get a 404. So something is odd with your browser, or perhaps some add-on, I think.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I don't get a 404. So something is odd with your browser, or perhaps some add-on, I think.

Hello Walt,

Chrome and Firefox Dev. give me the same 404. FF has no addons as that's my coding browser.

I do appreciate your help and advice. Now I am going to work through the UX/UI/Constraints section. It's such an amazing book. When I got it, I preordered and it cost me an arm and a leg with all the shipping, taxes etc, etc, but it was worth every centime. Cheers!

------

@DiviSmart @walt.farrell

Please remove the ‘affin.co’ links from your posts.

On 9/30/2020 at 5:25 PM, Alfred said:

The resources which are specific to each project cannot should not be shared publicly

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

Thanks Alfred, I'll edit the 2 posts to remove the links. The link is Alfred's first post is fine, as it's the same link provided here - 

But other than this link we prefer for Workbook links to remain off the forums, as this gives users who haven't purchased the workbook acesss to the resources :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)