You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[BUG] Embedded Document Thumbnail in Layers Panel Not Updating

angelhdz12

The embedded document thumbnail in the layers panel is not updating in both Photo and Designer.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select File > Place
  2. Select the file to embed
  3. Click on Edit Document to edit it
  4. The embedded, now edited document's thumbnail in the layers panel will not update automatically, unless we modify it on the canvas somehow (moving it, transforming it, etc.)

3xqYMfqXd3.gif

Hi @angelhdz12

I haven't been able to recreate this. I made my heart file in Designer and placed it in to the second blank document. The layer thumbnail updated when I changed the colour of the heart.

What file type did you place? This might be why I couldn't reproduce it. Could you upload your heart file here so I can try it in my document please?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 12:00 PM, SPaceBar said:

Hi @angelhdz12

I haven't been able to recreate this. I made my heart file in Designer and placed it in to the second blank document. The layer thumbnail updated when I changed the colour of the heart.

What file type did you place? This might be why I couldn't reproduce it. Could you upload your heart file here so I can try it in my document please?

Thanks for your time. Heart file is just an affinity designer file with a green heart shape. That's it. I have the latest version of all Affinity Suite programs.

Please focus on the step #4 of my original comment. The embedded file's thumbnail only updates when I modify the embedded file somehow, either by moving it on the canvas, or resizing it, etc. It looks like when the embedded file is edited, the layer is updated, but not the thumbnail, and I don't know if it's a bug of this version, or if it's only happening to me. I recently formatted my HDD so Windows is a fresh install, as well as affinity programs.