You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange PDF Export-no matter which one-x1a, x3, x4, print, reduced, …

Uwe-R-aus-B

Hi there, not sure if this is a bug or like most of the times, something on my side, I have to take care of but not knowing what.

Sometimes I get strange PDF-exported results, please watch screenshots. It seems that some layers produce kind of effects and these are not intended at all.

Do I have to take are of these elements before I place or paste it onto my document, I later want to export for print? Of course the document is prepared as CMYK and so on.

Working on MAC OS10.15.6 Catalina working with Affinity Publisher 1.8.4 but had this error in previous versions as well.

First time I encountered this strange behavior, I called for support and get asked to show some example - well, here it is.

Exporting as pdf/X-3 seems to be the most reliable version - as soon as I include bleed areas, then the X-3 disappears. PDF/x-4 looks strange

also "for export", "for print", "reduced",  

Thais in advance,

Uwe

screenshot from design view-1.png

2020_Eintrittskarte_Konzert-3-A-for-export.pdf 2020_Eintrittskarte_Konzert-3-A-for-print.pdf 2020_Eintrittskarte_Konzert-3-A-reduced.pdf 2020_Eintrittskarte_Konzert-3-A-X4.pdf 2020_Eintrittskarte_Konzert-3-A-X3-incl-bleed-areas.pdf