You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Restoring pre-update alignment functionality

I seemed to have accidentally updated from version whoknows to version noidea, honestly I couldn't have noticed if the toolset bar wasn't floating by default now (was it detachable before?--I never tried) that's all fine it feels airier, smart move.

However, I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, it used to happen before and then stopped and now it's back again that things jump around wildly out of place, definitely out of artboard when they're alined/(un)grouped. Also, an what I mainly want to revert, is to have the ability where to act when aligning objects instead of offering just the align the selection only after aligning to artboart first. It's never available on the first click, how do I change it back? :O

1699289580_ScreenShot2020-09-28at22_28_10.png.cb2fddd2859df36285fb6594f853e06d.png

And addition of first messing things up (sometimes it's reset after Selection Bounds is selected, not always) undoing it undoes as if the objects that were moved were moved in individual steps--that's a lot of ⌘Z sometimes, then you overshoot, lose place, yknow… :( I looked it up in Preferences but there's only something about using to cycle tools, that's not it, is it??

Thanks!

Oh, shoot, it's a bug then.

I searched in my other Macs if I had an older copy but I don't, I don't even have the app at all. My only hope is a Time Machine backup from like a year, two, ago when I temporarily enabled it for install Catalina (and rolled back less than two hour later).

Anyway, thanks!

WTF 😡 That ain't cool. Why would I want objects to skip all over first? Why would anyone want that? It breaks workflow on already easily-distracted minds such as mine. I have now to think steps head to work out how undo will work if it works. It's idiotic. I end up distracted on eBay or something. 😪 Now I'm definitely mounting my Time Machine backup, I don't care about having the latest anyway, having the it works as expected that I care. Hopefully when they release version 2, if they ever, they revert that or give us the option to hack it. That or mama's gonna have to force a workaround. 🏼😂

I just hope they haven't made silent format changes like Apple very insidiously does with apps like Numbers and those so you're forced to used the latest version if you opened the file elsewhere and now you have to update everywhere. Evergreen software is evil.

Thanks a mill, you saved me a lot of stress.

I'll make it work. I already found the backup, several actually, I wasn't aware I had more than just the one. I can run the current version on a server using Apple Remote Desktop (it shares the clipboard, you can drag and drop seamlessly, etc) restore the old version in my everyday Mac. When I finish reconverting hundreds of files, thank you Serif, I trash the new version from the server as well and make a push the older to it. Automator has this recording feature, maybe if I'm careful enough I can automate the whole thing. Option B is exporting a pseudo universal format, I guess that could be SVG or EPS and getting it back in. :)

After either I'm blocking all updates using MDM so it can't be circumvented. I'm already blocking iCloud, all of the stores except for the Mac's and since then batteries last much longer without the background processes syncing corrupting your files, as iCloud Drive would do.

Again helpful, thanks!