You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New from clipboard in pdf

If you open a pdf file in AP, cut or copy a section, the wrong canvas size is used in the function "New from Clipboard".
Unlike tif files, the copied section is not created and pasted as a document, but the entire pdf page with all its contents is created as a new document.
Only if you export the pdf into an image file like png, tif or similar and then use it, the function works correct.
This is very irritating

How are you doing the selection? And what kind of selection are you making?

It works correctly for me, though the new file is about 3px larger than I was expecting. But that was making a marquee selection using the Move Tool. If you try to make selections using any of the pixel-based selection tools it's easy to have the Copy fail completely, and leave the clipboard unchanged. (Check the Edit menu, and make sure that Copy is available.)

Screenshots, a video, and/or a sample PDF and more instructions on how and what to select would help.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Sample File Glas "WiGa.pdf" ist atached

The working steps are

1. Explorer File "Glas WiGa.pdf" "Open with" " Affinity Photo"
  2. The Open window (see pdf01.png) is displayed
  3. OK opens and displays the pdf
  4. I select Layer (Bild)
  5. I selsect Tool Rectangle Mask and New, the i create the Rectangle Mask (see pdf02.png)
  6. Following "Copy" and "New from Clipboard" creates a new Tab "Unbenannt" in the same sice as Source-File (see pdf04.png)
  7. Following "Cut" and "New from Clipboard" creates a new Tab "Unbenannt" in the same sice as Source-File, the page is empty (see pdf03.png)

Only if you export the pdf into an image file like png, tif or similar and then use it, the function works correct.

Regards
mia Taugts

pdf01.PNG

pdf02.PNG

pdf03.PNG

pdf04.PNG

Glas WiGa.pdf

1 hour ago, mia Taugts said:

Sample File Glas "WiGa.pdf" ist atached

The working steps are

1. Explorer File "Glas WiGa.pdf" "Open with" " Affinity Photo"
  2. The Open window (see pdf01.png) is displayed
  3. OK opens and displays the pdf
  4. I select Layer (Bild)
  5. I selsect Tool Rectangle Mask and New, the i create the Rectangle Mask (see pdf02.png)
  6. Following "Copy" and "New from Clipboard" creates a new Tab "Unbenannt" in the same sice as Source-File (see pdf04.png)
  7. Following "Cut" and "New from Clipboard" creates a new Tab "Unbenannt" in the same sice as Source-File, the page is empty (see pdf03.png)

Thanks.

You have an (Image) (or, in German, (Bild)) layer. You must Rasterize it before you can work with its individual pixels.

You can use Layer > Rasterize... from the menu, or you can right-click on it in the Layers panel and choose Rasterize... from its context menu.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.