You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Presenter

I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest this, but A powerpoint/keynote style application would really be a great addition to your suite of applications. I'm a Mac guy forced to work in the PC world, and while PowerPoint has 'some' nice features it's just woefully inadequate for someone with real graphic arts talent. I love all three of your applications and use them more and more for my daily work (previously handled exclusively by Adobe products).

With the integration currently possible between Affinity Photo, Publisher, and Designer it seems like a match made in heaven.

10 hours ago, wishimac said:

it's just woefully inadequate for someone with real graphic arts talent.

If you could get that person to post here with some features that they would like to see in "Affinity Presenter" (that PowerPoint does not have) then maybe Serif would have a better idea of exactly what it is you are looking for.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Text Transparency --- not just with a animations or by converting it to a picture
  • Cropping tools that actually are easy to use --- already better with Affinity
  • Smoother animations and transitions -- Keynote's transitions are so much smoother and natural feeling. 
  • Better implementation of alignment guides --- already better with any Affinity product.
  • Better Text Kerning/Tracking -- already better with Affinity
  • Creation of Guides -- Seems so simple just to pull them out from the ruler
  • Pictures in boxes just SUCK in PowerPoint --- Affinity Publisher beats this hands down.
  • Instant Alpha on Images --- Keynote make this easy
  • Ability to apply image effects from the main menu instead of digging through menus
  • PowerPoint struggles with Large Videos.

I'm not saying that PowerPoint isn't feature rich, but Microsoft (in general) have the ability to implement features in the most obtuse way. I'm just imagining the flexibility of all the tools in the Affinity ecosystem (much like the workflow that can be achieved in Publisher) and how they are implemented is such a clean, intuitive, and powerful way. Perhaps just adding some transition and animations to Publisher would be enough.

You can certainly achieve most things in PowerPoint, but you have to have a higher skill level to do so, and often need an entire suite of applications to achieve the results. In the end this is probably not any different than an Affinity app...but there is already an established way to share features across the applications.

I'm sure I could come up with more... as could anyone else that has used any tool other than PowerPoint.

In the end Affinity tools are just easier to use than PowerPoint. It's also a space not currently occupied by Adobe.

• 4 weeks later...

Just take Designer and add what Keynote can do and call it Affinity Presenter! It would be GREAT to not have to relearn how to design projects based on the lack of what an app can do. Of course, I don't have any clue what's required in order to make this possible . . . I want to learn Keynote. I have tried it a bit and it sucks but I can tell it's better than powerpoint.