You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Resolved) All new shapes have an inherent Gradient I cannot remove

Hello, so I have a project and for some weird reason all new shapes seem to have an inherent gradient-thing that seems like a mask which I cannot remove and any fills I apply will be only applied upon that. 

it's really weird and frustrating tbh, as I have no Idea what's going on.

image.png

Edited by My1
Resolved

My guess is you've accidentally set your vector curve/shape appearance default to include a transparency gradient (see the tool with a wine glass icon). You can revert the appearance default by clicking the button that looks like a cloud with a slash across it below the Layer menu title in your screenshot.

thanks. i was working on this with someone else, and apparently he got the idea from a tutorial that the transparency gradient which is used on other places which needs to be uniform across them can be set as some kind of template that way. I just made a mask rect, that way it can be easily copied over.