You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File appears to be corrupted

Hey,

I wanted to open a file, I worked on Thursday, but I just get the message "Die Datei scheint beschädigt zu sein" ("File appears to be corrupted)"). Is there anything I can do? I worked on the file two days... There are a lot of embedded images and the original file was an idml.-file and it seems it still is. I downloaded the file from an external server and then started to work on it, safed it local. The last thing I did, was trying to set up a tabel of contents.

Would be so glad, if anyone can help me to repair the file!

Kind regards

Birthe

Edited by Birthe_DHBW
Problem solved!

• Staff

Hi @Birthe_DHBW and Welcome to the Forums,

Sorry to hear that your Affinity document is no longer opening for you. Please upload the file to us using this Dropbox Link and we’ll take a further look at the file to see if we can recover any of its contents. We would obviously also like some additional information to see if we can work out the cause of the problem and stop it happening in future. To assist this process, as well as uploading your file, please can you also tell us the following:

1. Which Operating System are you using?
2. Which version of Affinity did the file last get saved in?
3. What drive type was the file last saved to (select more than one if needed)?

• Local disk
  • USB disk/Flash disk
  • Google Drive folder
  • OneDrive folder
  • iCloud folder
  • Dropbox folder
  • Network location
  • Other (please specify)

4. Any other information you think would help us try to find the problem

We suggest that you check to see if you have any backups of the document available in case we’re unable to recover the file. The investigation process can take some time, but we’ll be back in contact with our findings.

• 7 months later...
  • Staff
On 5/6/2021 at 6:43 PM, evtonic3 said:

I have a file that is now corrupt, can someone look in to my file?

Please start a seperate post for this and include as much information as you can.