You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to update the software manually?

Hello,

my Affinity products have been telling me for some time that updates are available.
I would like to keep control of my computer during the update process and have therefore not yet clicked on download.

Is it possible to download the updates manually and also install them manually? I want to run an uninstaller monitor during the update process.

If I install the updates manually, do I have to uninstall the previous Affinity installation or can I install the update directly over it? Thanks for your hints.

Kind regards,
Markus

If you purchased the Affinity application(s) from the Serif Store then, when you click on Download (in the pop-up you get when starting the application), what happens is that your web browser will open a web page where the download ‘lives’. If your web browser is set, by default, to automatically open files that you have downloaded then the installation will start once the download has finished. On the other hand, if your browser is set to save the downloaded file then the installation should not happen until you double-click on the downloaded file yourself. Basically, what happens depends on your web browser settings and these are different in most web browsers and can be set, by you, to whatever you wish.

When you update the software you do not need to uninstall the previous version first. You can uninstall the previous version if you want to but you may lose some personal application settings in the process (may be useful if you need a ‘clean restart’).