You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Intel HD630 and OpenCL is a disaster

Just to inform you that my setup of Win10 2004 build 19041.508 on internal Intel HD 630 (I5-7500 CPU) and OpenCL is a complete disaster.
Unusable at all - GPU enabled slows a lot even RAW opening (from 1s to even 10s), simple mouse wheel zooming jumps, jerks, hickups, block and even hangs AP

Video drivers are latest from Intel (have a Intel utility to watch updates)

No panic here as this is a first test of HW acceleration of Win AP version, keep the good work!

13 hours ago, krbo said:

Just to inform you that my setup of Win10 2004 build 19041.508 on internal Intel HD 630 (I5-7500 CPU) and OpenCL is a complete disaster.
Unusable at all - GPU enabled slows a lot even RAW opening (from 1s to even 10s), simple mouse wheel zooming jumps, jerks, hickups, block and even hangs AP

Video drivers are latest from Intel (have a Intel utility to watch updates)

No panic here as this is a first test of HW acceleration of Win AP version, keep the good work!

Interesting - what are your benchmark results?

yes, at least it's interesting.

There are some things I can try, will report if any success

And I see some beta HD 630 driver.

It would be nice to see some other HD630 report.

meanwhile I've just tested pathetic old Radeon 5670 at work, it's GPU is just 3.5x faster then CPU but real picture export with several filters were really 3x faster with HW acc

OK, new beta - 1.9.0.767, let's see are there any difference:

- still opens RAW slower with OpenCL (4 to 6sec compared to little more then 1sec) and first RAW after beta start opens like without tone curve, then sits for two seconds more and shows correct picture - this does not repeat until AP is closed and reopened - added two screen grabs of flower to show this

- fast zooming with mouse wheel is fixed - rendering is faster then witout OpenCL

- my test aphoto (3 adjustments and 2 filters) exports to jpg slower then without OpenCL (46sec to 37sec)

- tried to make a focus stack (example attached) - horrible, looong loading and "thinking" times during stack phases, crazy color stripe flasher during final render - bottom fifth of a picture missing (that black bar), strange color bleeding (red is non existent in object1510589277_Trubicamrak.JPG.d1030a07688f07854ad5d54163892acd.JPG)491470857_TrubicaOK.JPG.c01c4db60ebf05db3ebcb5080bf77d58.JPG

369637452_tortelinlo.JPG.cfdd0e5181365b3e0abd47c75dff22d7.JPG

On 9/28/2020 at 5:10 AM, krbo said:

yes, at least it's interesting.

Just a random comment to say that “interesting” is the word I use when I see something that’s going to be really hard to fix. :P 

Best regards! 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.