You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I tried to find it by moving there and back, but couldn't: contribution slider on denoise filter is a mistery to me, how does it differs from amount slider? 

It looks to me that both sliders just affect the amount applied, be it luminance of colour denoise.

Edited by Jaimoe
Typing Error

• Staff

The Luminance Contribution slider is use to adjusts only the brightness of the coloured pixels.

The Colours Contribution slider controls how much of the overall chrominance noise reduction is added to the image.

The link below is to an article explaining these types of noise in more detail and wirer they normally occur in photos

https://contrastly.com/understanding-noise-reduction/

I found this interesting article

https://www.photography-raw.com/affinity-photo-develop-persona-raw-editor/

which states that sum of details and contribution should be 100%. There is no in-software limitation for this settings.

I am trying to do something by trial and error, and am still away from satisfactory results. Pity there is no more avvailable sources as it seems many people use AP.

On 9/26/2020 at 5:36 PM, Jaimoe said:

Hi, I tried to find it by moving there and back, but couldn't: contribution slider on denoise filter is a mistery to me, how does it differs from amount slider? 

It looks to me that both sliders just affect the amount applied, be it luminance of colour denoise.

Contribution slider is simply an opacity control.