You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: Resizing content when exporting to PDF

Hi all,

I have a document (with vector objects only) in Designer that happens to be approx. 7400 by 6200 mm in size. It is a map created with data derived from open street map and I didn't realise that it is that big until I wanted to export it to PDF.

I created a slice with 3800 by 3800 mm in size in the export persona and exported it to PDF. The resulting PDF has the same dimension obviously. Is there a way to "scale" down the document on export so that the resulting PDF would be for example 200 by 200 mm in size?

No, there is no such scaling option in the PDF export settings. As a workaround you could reduce the export resolution, it will result in smaller file size (< smaller content) but will be presented in the page size of the document page. Depending on the use this workaround might be sufficient because of options for screen view (fill window) or print (fill page).

Alternatively it should work if you scale in AD the entire content, incl. artboard, down to the desired page size.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1