You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Raw development Overlay with brush won't accumulate {Photo beta 1.9.0.196]

I cannot get the brush overlay to accumulate, in fact it seems to get lighter with further brushstrokes. First is with 1.8.4 and then I switch to 1.9.0.196. I have the same setup for the two programs and the brushes are both 500 px and 50% hardness.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

14 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Hi @Old Bruce,

I can't replicate this in the latest build (.199). Can you? 

Still happening. I use a Wacom tablet and pen, with the Mac's apple trackpad I don't see the fading with a second brushstroke but I don't get accumulation either.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:20 AM, Gabe said:

Ah, so it's pressure related. Issue logged. 

Not just pressure, the track pad does not 'fade' the previous strokes but the colour, the overlay, the red does not accumulate. Here is a short video showing the trackpad and the Wacom  and how it works in the 1.8.4 and the current beta 1.9.0.199

First up in the Light User Interface is the retail version then the beta in the Dark User Interface. Wacom on Left, trackpad on Right in both

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.