You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The mix brush ignores the hold down of the shift key. (with empty fill) (updated)

If you hold the Shift, then the brush (including the healing one) Mix brush ignores the Shift. As a result, when retouching metals and glare, you do not have to go back to Photoshop.

55302518_.thumb.jpg.e625f0f3379893e25e274ee19741bd3f.jpg

The problem appears when both brush colors are blank.

1532896257_.PNG.ab51953ff23c6a60a882c37623d779e7.PNG

1237331650__2020_04_18_13_45_50_451.thumb.gif.70c7297f7218e0dcfc97b0fdc47d8dd4.gif

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

8 hours ago, jussi said:

works fine here. using beta 734. click tool, hold shift, click tool on other place. straight line made

Thanks! Forgot to clarify. This behavior is only when the color is empty. 1532896257_.PNG.ab51953ff23c6a60a882c37623d779e7.PNG

Windows 11 64-bit,

1 hour ago, Max N said:

This behavior is only when the color is empty.

And why would you want to use the Paint Mixer Brush in that case?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

20 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

And why would you want to use the Paint Mixer Brush in that case?

For example, when you need to retouch a highlight on metal. Need a straight line. It's strange that the choice of a color option (the absence of a color is the same option), the behavior of the tool changes. This should not be the case, in principle, even if someone does not need this option.

Windows 11 64-bit,

10 hours ago, IPv6 said:

Its a perfectly valid use case, its like a "better smudge"
Brush uses color under cursor. Very useful in some cases - saves a lot of alt-picking.

For me the mix brush is one of the main tools in my workflow. And the most annoying thing is that this tool has the most problems that go from version to version and remain unpatched. Perhaps because this tool is not popular and the bug fix priority is low. As a result, you have to sit on the PS needle and believe that the developers will fix everything.

Windows 11 64-bit,

On 9/26/2020 at 10:41 PM, Max N said:

Thanks! Forgot to clarify. This behavior is only when the color is empty. 1532896257_.PNG.ab51953ff23c6a60a882c37623d779e7.PNG

OK, never tried this, but your explanation makes sense  .. using "no color" option I got same result as you - no straight line

11 hours ago, haakoo said:

Shift drag works to create a straight line even without a color
Also a second click at the end works
(try temporarily another colour setting to see the effect)

If you draw a line with an empty fill, there will be a smear line. With the shift key held down, the line should be, and its shape should be straight. But result = no line.

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

Max N, you have previously reported this and I confirmed I had logged it. Please try not to make duplicate posts. I just spent a while trying to reproduce this then realised it felt familiar and spent another few minutes trying to find the bug report. I try my best to remember everything that gets logged but I don't always!

Please just bump your original reports if you're getting frustrated when things are not being fixed. At the same time, I do appreciate all that you do (and everyone else) as we would not be where we are today without all of your contributions..

Also, Auto Load Brush for me was the key here to reproduce this.

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Max N, you have previously reported this and I confirmed I had logged it. Please try not to make duplicate posts. I just spent a while trying to reproduce this then realised it felt familiar and spent another few minutes trying to find the bug report. I try my best to remember everything that gets logged but I don't always!

Please just bump your original reports if you're getting frustrated when things are not being fixed. At the same time, I do appreciate all that you do (and everyone else) as we would not be where we are today without all of your contributions..

Also, Auto Load Brush for me was the key here to reproduce this.

Good afternoon. Perhaps due to the nature of the translator, I misunderstood the message. Patrick Connor wrote to me about auto-closing topics after 1.8 was released and asked me to post links to topics that weren't fixed. Apparently they had to be sent by personal message, and I re-posted on the forum.

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

Hey, I think what happened is Patrick closed some forum posts that were really old and unreplied to. The message said to repost if this still affects the new version so I can totally understand what has happened. 

Anyway, like I said, we appreciate all that you do. For what it's worth, I've bumped the report. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.