You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Library will not appear

John Bibby

Hi all, I have left and right panels open, select view / studio / library.

The link for the library appeared only once next to macro, then after that it did not show at all.

Affinity version 1.8.5.703  Windows 10, 2X monitors, one is a Huion tablet GT220 V2 graphics drawing tablet., the fault will be mine as I am anew user so what have I got wrong?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

I'm not sure I understand what you're seeing. Can you provide a screenshot or video to help illustrate it?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @John Bibby,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Have you dragged the Library panel out of the left or right studio panels and closed it clicking on the "X" on the top right of the Library panel (when detached)?
Can't you enable it again going to menu View > Studio > Library? If it doesn't appear go to menu View > Studio and check if Show Left Studio and Show Right Studio (almost on the bottom) are both ticked. Enable them if necessary.

Hello to you both and thank you for your suggestions I have show left studio and show right studio enabled in the drop down.

The left hand panel seems a bit erratic and does not always appear, when it does it will show the link for macro but not library, repeatedly trying to deselect and then select library in the drop down will occasionally show the library link but when I try to select it the whole panel will disappear.

I was attempting to down load the James Ritson channels macros at the time that I discovered this.

Would a reinstall be worth considering ?

thank you once again for your help.

library link.JPG

A reinstall might work (or might not), and in any case would be overkill.

Library would normally appear where you have indicated, but it can appear differently if you've dragged to an undocked position. Can you get a screenshot of the pulldown you see for View > Studio? That might show something that will provide more information.

Alternatively, View > Studio > Reset Studio will set all the studio panels back to their default status and location.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Yes, you've configured it to show the Left Studio.

But you have not enabled any of the studio panels that would appear in the Left Studio. In particular, note that neither the Library nor the Macro panel are enabled.

-- Walt
PC:

12 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Alternatively, View > Studio > Reset Studio will set all the studio panels back to their default status and location.

Normally good advice for Studio related problems but in this case resetting the studio back to its default settings will switch off both the macro and library studios and by virtue of them switching off, the Left Studio will no longer be showing on the screen - in effect the exact opposite of what the OP is trying to achieve

In this case, after "Resetting the Studio" the OP must then go back into the studio panel and reselect the Macro and Library panels and ensure Show Left Studio is also selected

Thinking to oneself:

I wonder is resetting the studio should now include at least one item from the Left Studio so that the Left studio is always shown when Reset Studio is used. But then again with Studio Presets now in the 1.9 betas maybe this is no longer a need for further consideration

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: