You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity crashing and color issue in 1.8.5

Ever since updating to the latest version of Affinity Designer 1.8.5, I have had lots of problems. I've had to switch a lot of my work to Affinity Photo. (I frequently switch back and forth because Designer is missing a feature I need.) Affinity Designer crashes when I have large files, and the colors come up funny--almost like the color format or profile has been changed. I can't show a screen shot because the files I'm working on can't be shared publicly yet. 

Oops, I forgot to click notify me of replies, so now I won't see them. Wish I could figure out how to fix that! (I'm editing my submission right now.)

It seems noone replies on here , but if using affinity and your document is set as ADOBE rgb ,. also make sure thats selected in preferences , this should not alter colour but it does ., if cmyk make sure its the same also. 

also make sure the in windows colour management in advanced the default profile for device is srgb or this also damagers colour ( neither of these effect adobe products ) 

Thank you for letting me know how to follow the thread. I uploaded a sample to the link you provided. When I pull the file up in Photo, the colors are correct. When I pull the same photo up in Designer, the colors are wrong. I have tried to click on document setup to see if the color profile is different in each program, but Designer freezes every time I click on document setup. It only seems to happen in the files with the color problem. (There are several.) 

I've been experimenting, and it does look like it is in CMYK color format in Photo, but RGB in Designer. No matter what I try in Designer, I cannot convert the format to CMYK. (I tried creating a new CMYK file and pasting in the images from photo to designer, but the format goes back to RGB, and I cannot change it. Sometimes designer crashes when I try. I have been creating the same type of files for years. I have never had a problem with the colors, and I do sometimes go back and forth between designer and photo. I work mostly in designer, though, and I'm pretty sure the original files were created there. And the colors used to be the same in both places. The issue started after I updated Designer.