You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page references are not retained when importing one Publisher document in another

big smile

Example: I have three  publisher documents:

• "Document Global" (12 pages)
  • "Document A"
  • "Document B"

"Document Global" has content on "page 3" that is used by "Document A" & "Document B". So I place page 3 of "document global" into "Document A" & "Document B. That way, if I make a change to Page 3., A&B will automatically update (when I click update in resource manager).

90% of the time, this works fine. But 10% of the time, I find that something will happen and the imported "page 3" of "Document Global" will change to "page 1". Then I have to go through "Document A" & "Document  and set it back to "page 3".

And this is a simplified example. You can imagine the nuisance it is if I have imported multiple pages in from  "Document Global" and not just page 3.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when this happens. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 3:43 PM, Gabe said:

Hi @big smile,

We are aware of a similar issue, but it should only happen with PDF files, and only when you reload the document. If you do find a pattern, please let us know.

@Gabe

After testing this extensively, it occurs under the following conditions:

• You make a change to the (imported) source document's master pages, where those master pages are applied to other pages within the source document. (It happens even with a minor change to the master page, such as changing text). 

• You make a change to the  (imported) source document's sections (under section manager).