You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9.0.734: White Balance Issue?

Hi all,

I did some editing on a picture using the most recent Beta (1.9.0.734).
As I opened the file with the release-Version (1.8.5.703) I noticed a big difference:

131304175_AffinityPhoto.thumb.jpg.58a53f646d04cdf8d0824a1d63819a8f.jpg

I checked all settings: the are the same in both Versions of Photo.
It seems that the White-Balance-Adjustment from 1.9b causes this strong green color cast in 1.8.5

The issue did not occur with other images with similar workflow (edited in 1.9b, viewed in 1.8.5)

Any ideas?

I see what you see in 1.8.5 in both retail and beta version on my machine - monitor profiled. Both beta and retail use the profile as I expected.

Did you have other Photo betas installed over the years? If so it may be time to wipe all Photo beta settings. 

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Hello @Fritz_H,

Check the color setting, "convert opened to working space".
Enable this Option, the image should no longer have a green cast.

Cheers

White Balance.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

Oh man - a pretty interesting discovery and issue @Fritz_H!

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

I've tested the file with 1.8.3.461 and 1.9.0.767 (with and without Open CL) and there was no difference between the screen colours so that does not seem to be the cause of the problem.

If I select the "convert open files to working space"  as suggested by Gnobelix then the green cast goes away on both versions (with and without Open CL). IIRC that option is not selected by default.

So it seems Open CL is not the culprit after all, at least on my Radeon Graphics card. Maybe it's an issue related to the card/driver combo instead?

Just out of curiosity I checked with some of my own afphoto files (derived from RW2 & jpg) on all the settings and had no changes in colours.

@GeoffH

Thanks for your reply.

The "convert.." - option is set in both: the release and the beta-Version of Photo on my Computer.

Please see my posting from Sunday: I opened the file one time with OpenCL enabled and again with OpenCL disabled.
same computer, same Beta, same file, only one setting changed (OpenCL) and the shown result is different.

Before I noticed this problem, I edited some other files with the Beta and none of them shows this issue - just this one.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.