You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem to save on iCloud

I open a file from iCloud and then when I save, nothing happends. I must “Save a copy”. See the video attached.

I have losed a file with 20 artboards. When i opended this same file, it has only 4 artboards. HEEEELP!

Also, when I jump to other app, like Files, and back to Affinity Designer, it has close app and file opended. Without saving them.

———

iPad 2018 12.9”/ 512Gb (450Gb free) / iPadOS 14

Affinity Designer updated

Hi @AndersonScopel Welcome to the Affinity forums! I'm sorry to hear that you have lost work.

If you go to the Settings Cog > General > Default Save Location - what does it say?

I'm interested to see what steps you have to take to get a partial save. Could you try the following for me please?

1. Enable touches - Go to Settings Cog > General > Select - Show touches
  2. Then could you recreate the steps that you think you took to get the partial save? Could you make a video of it and upload it here?
    • Only do this using a test file with artboards containing random shapes so you don't lose any of your work.

I will also look into the third issue you raised, I can't recreate it yet but will keep trying. 

Hi @SPaceBar

Look! It happends again.

I worked on this project yesterday. Then, when I open the same file today from the thumbnail, when I save inside the document, nothing happends. I have to back to thumbnail and save from there, and when i open the project again, it saves from inside. Everything back to normal. And now I have to be looking for this to don’t lost anything else.

I hope you can understand me!

Default Save Location: On my iPad

I use iCloud to store my files.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @AndersonScopel Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

I've not been able to reproduce this myself but I've seen that there is an issue where the "Save" option inside the document can behave inconsistently. This issue is known and I will pass your information on to development.

This does mean that either using the "Save a copy" option or the "Save" option in the Gallery - both methods you've been using are still your best options at the moment. I tend to go with "Save a copy" for my own peace of mind personally.

I've also seen explained in this thread here that the closing of the app can be down to the iOS reallocating ram. I have also been unable to recreate this and that might be that my files are not as large and complex and I can only suggest using the save options mentioned above before switching apps in case the iOS decides to reallocate the ram used by Designer to your files app. 

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me too. I was working on a document last night, finished and saved it via the in document function. To my surprise today when I opened it again, all my work I had done last night was gone. It didn’t save anything last night. Very annoying and frustrating, I have to redo everything, but I guess I learned my lesson. 

3 minutes ago, Belifant said:

This just happened to me too. I was working on a document last night, finished and saved it via the in document function. To my surprise today when I opened it again, all my work I had done last night was gone. It didn’t save anything last night. Very annoying and frustrating, I have to redo everything, but I guess I learned my lesson. 

Yes!!! This is really frustrating!

What I do is, a lot of attention when i’m saving files. Because the problem is there.