You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please DON'T outline editable text in Outline Mode

I'd find it extremely helpful if editable text would NOT be outlined in Outline View Mode. As of now EVERYTHING gets outlined and you cannot visually differentiate between text that's still editable and text that's already been converted to curves (as it often will be done e.g. in a logo).

This is actually one of the things that Adobe Illustrator has been doing right for years: in in AI's Outline/Path View Mode editable text is displayed solid black whereas text that's already been converted to paths is displayed only by its outlines (like any other path). This way you can quickly check where editable text (and the necessity for availability of the proper font) is still present.

Lorox,

I'm guessing that you'd like the Editable fonts to be displayed differently from the fonts that have been outlined so that you can tell the difference. Is that right? This is something that I requested way back in March 2015 and I'd still like to see it added today.

15 hours ago, Hokusai said:

I'm guessing that you'd like the Editable fonts to be displayed differently from the fonts that have been outlined so that you can tell the difference. Is that right? This is something that I requested way back in March 2015 and I'd still like to see it added today.

Hokusai-San,

exactly – that's what I meant! I would have thought that the requested feature is actually a no-brainer because the Outline View is actually some sort of "Inspection"-view which helps to clarify, inspect and – if needed – to correct the "build" of the artwork on a "details" level.

As you e.g. cannot access any nodes of (still) editable text anyway, thus making it quite different handlingwise from any "normal" vector element, it would seem only natural to reflect this difference in the way such elements are being displayed in Outline View.

It's very disappointing, though, that this has been noted and requested more than 5 years ago and still hasn't found its way into the application. I can't really think of any sound reason which would let one prefer the way it currently (still) is...