You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.0.742 - Crash

On 9/19/2020 at 11:49 PM, dominik said:

Thank you @MrDavidW,

to get to this stage of the layout you must have done several steps before APub stops working. Can you tell what was the last thing you did before you saw this?

d.

Last action was using the Artistic Text tool. I have tried this again many times and the program shuts down without warning (or goes into irrecoverable "Not Responding").

• Staff

@MrDavidW I've split this into a new thread.

Can you navigate to %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 (Beta)\ and attach the CrashReports folder here? The times where it shuts down without warning will be crashes so hopefully there'll be some info in here to help us see why you are getting this.

Does it always happen with the artistic text tool?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

1 hour ago, MrDavidW said:

Last action was using the Artistic Text tool. I have tried this again many times and the program shuts down without warning (or goes into irrecoverable "Not Responding").

Hi @MrDavidW,

that's strange since the Artistic Text tool performed well for a long time. That makes me think if it perhaps is related to the font you've been using. Can you recall if the font was a little special? Like a freeware font from the internet. This is really a little poking in the dark. Perhaps the CrashReport can shed some light on what is going on.

And thanks to @Jon P for splitting the thread.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

2 hours ago, MrDavidW said:

Have used several (ordinary) fonts. All give same reaction.

Thanks. Then let's see what Serif can find in the crash reports.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.