You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Advanced functions for duplication

Hello Affinity Team,

it might be possible to extend the function "Duplicate selection". I would like to have the possibility to enter the number of duplicates, the displacement (horizontal and vertical), rotation and size.

The reason for this is that in the current type of duplication I do not get exactly the result I want.

If I duplicate an object, then move it over the transformation window and change it in the size and duplicate it again, the next duplicate will be moved and enlarged, but not at the same distance and also the magnification is much larger than desired.

So, if I specify that the object should move 3mm and enlarge by 0.1mm, every further duplicate should move and enlarge by exactly the same values. But unfortunately this did not happen.

When I use the duplicate command again, the subsequent duplicates become much larger in distance and size than the values entered.

I attach a file, in which my problem can be recognized and how I imagine the result.

Duplicate.afdesign

I followed @PaRunk's procedure as described above and got unexpected results like @PaRunk. I also tried setting the centre of rotation to the centre point, but still got unexpected results. I also tried x+5mm in the X box, again with unexpected results.

Note that I was going for a horizontal displacement so as not to overlap the vertical objects.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

power duplicate only works for the positioning part here, as soon as you move+resize in one operation the positions get messed up.

increase/decrease in size seems also to be exponential for multiple copies (x% of the source/previous copy) , not linear (base size +0.1mm)

it's a tricky thing to do, didn't find a good solution either

Hi,

yes I know all videos that have been published. I find the way of duplicating actually very good. But when it comes to exact equal distances and enlargements, I unfortunately do not get the desired result with this method. You have to move and enlarge everything manually, which takes a lot of time. Especially if you want to create more than 20 duplicates at the same distance and resize them.

Therefore an additional function would be, in which one can enter all data by input and thus create a larger number of duplicates and stand in the same distance despite additional transformation.

• 11 months later...