You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it not possible to edit a macro?  

By "Edit" I mean edit, and not "Load", which would be a better far description of what happens when one ⌃clicks a macro in the Library panel and chooses "Edit."  I'd like, for example, to remove steps from an existing macro.  Unchecking steps and re-recording them quickly becomes unmanageable when trying to create macros of any length of complexity.  There also appears to be no way to change the order of steps in an existing macro.  

Have I had insufficient coffee, or are these limitations real?

No, you cannot edit macros. Affinity Photo Macros are true macros: that is they are a set of recorded steps which can be played back as and when you need them. They do offer the facility for tuning parameters of the commands you use, and for deleting steps (turning them off), but not much else.

They are not Scripts, which are written sets of commands which are interpreted when called. Such scripts can be edited.

If you ask Serif if they are planning scripts you will get a non-committal answer (along the lines that they would like to implement scripts but will not offer any timescale). 

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

4 hours ago, CommiePinko said:

Unchecking steps and re-recording them quickly becomes unmanageable when trying to create macros of any length of complexity.

True

But macros can call other macros

So, if for example you want to insert 15 new steps in a 100 step macro at step 75 save the macro twice to the library (Macro1 & Macro2)

Edit Macro 1 and uncheck the last 25 steps, record the new 15 steps, then as the last step call Macro2 - in which you have previously unchecked the first 75 steps

It's not pretty but it saves re-recording the entire 115 step macro from scratch without making any mistakes  

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.