You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OFX support for Affinity?

This question comes from a relatively new user to Affinity and one that is VERY happy with the performance and feature set and is also a heavy user of the BorisFX products.

They recently came out with a product called Optics that is an interface to a number of their SFX plugins for photo work. https://borisfx.com/products/optics/

I would love to have this kind of capability in Affinity and it would be the best of both worlds to me.  A better interface with the ability to use any OFX plugin would be awesome.

Have there been any discussions about support OFX plugins with Affinity?

Yes!!!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

I just peed myself out of excitement 9_9

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to burst anyone’s bubble but Boris FX plug-ins will not work with Affinity Photo. I recently  ask the same question and received an answer as follows:

Oniric doesn't work with Affinity Photo. It relies on custom UI/panels which we do not support. 
By custom UI, I meant panels/funtions integrated into Photoshop's interface (like native Photoshop panels) to expose features/controls, run commands etc. The plugins you mention (Nik Collection, Photo RAW etc) all have an independent window/interface on their own. Actually Nik Collection does have a deeper integration in Photoshop - for example the Nik Selective Tool or the Merge to HDR Efex Pro 2 command in the Filter > Automate menu (in Photoshop) but neither of these are supported/work in Affinity Photo. The Perspective Efex also doesn't work in Affinity Photo for similar reasons. Overall any plugin that rely on automation, custom UI, provide additional file support (export filters etc) are not supported in Affinity Photo, only basic image filters.

I was disappointed as well but there it is. Still you can always use as standalone but clearly not as workflow friendly.