You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please add more creative software for Affinity

Sober up. Take a cold shower.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

3 minutes ago, Snapseed said:

With respect, it is far better that Serif Affinity does a few things well rather than spread themselves too thinly with too many software products on the go at any one time. The days of the past are long gone and they are not coming back.

yes I guess

Agree, please don't judge me all kinds of things.
I just ...

2 hours ago, Arceom said:

I'm not big on brand loyalty, as long as the software does what I need it to do and they keep bug fixes rollin'; serif will have my support and money. They dont need more apps. For my other work I use DaVinci Resolve, Clip Studio Paint, Figma, Blender and Capture One.

I fully agree with you and I know of someone whose workflow on Windows 10 is Exposure X5 followed by Affinity Photo. I don't think there's any need for Serif Affinity to try to compete with extra new products in already saturated markets.

It will never happen. Serif is a tiny company with only few developers and I see no signs of radical changes to the way they go forward. MORE MORE is a wet dream not related to the real world. We have already experienced the slow, slow pace of development with three main apps - a pace that is still heavily influenced by the development of Publisher that is still a young product and not yet released for iPad. Serif is still far from half-way to the top of the mountain and they are almost crawling.

People are looking for cheap software. Can't blame them. But there is plenty of great software out there if you look.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

8 hours ago, Jowday said:

It will never happen. Serif is a tiny company with only few developers and I see no signs of radical changes to the way they go forward. MORE MORE is a wet dream not related to the real world. We have already experienced the slow, slow pace of development with three main apps - a pace that is still heavily influenced by the development of Publisher that is still a young product and not yet released for iPad. Serif is still far from half-way to the top of the mountain and they are almost crawling.

People are looking for cheap software. Can't blame them. But there is plenty of great software out there if you look.

Okay, Now I Understand.

Thank You For your Info and advice

11 hours ago, Arceom said:

I'm not big on brand loyalty, as long as the software does what I need it to do and they keep bug fixes rollin'; serif will have my support and money. They dont need more apps. For my other work I use DaVinci Resolve, Clip Studio Paint, Figma, Blender and Capture One.

Great!

Thank You for your opinion

On 9/20/2020 at 11:00 PM, haneefy said:

as ecosystem, ex: Affinity Cinema (like Adobe premiere pro++), Affinity Motion (like After Effects + Blender)🤔

AND THIS THE IMPORTANT

WITH A CHEAPEST PRICE then similar🤩🤗☺️

Maybe I'm just excited because I'm interested in serif products 🙄🤭
Thank you all my brothers😊

Peace and keep working! ✌️🤜🤛✍️

12 hours ago, haneefy said:

Sounds like you just want cheap software. Like others have said I think Affinity is best to keep to the 3 core apps they have developed and build on them. There is no need for more video editing apps. In design there are not as many options for pros as you would think. For page layout it really is just Indesign and Quark. For vector it is illustrator and photoshop there is a few but none that touch Adobe. Also Adobe is great for pro users as most people making their living with Adobe software can afford the small monthly fee for all the apps, but the smaller hobbiest or casual business does not need or want that extra monthly bill. In comes Affinity to fill a void for good quality software with great features for an even better price. It is not ready to replace Adobe, I certainly am not looking to jump into Affinity (own all 3 apps) at this stage but I do my keep my eye on it. It would be nice one day if the Affinity apps became more mainstream and were a viable alternative. Would love to save the monthly costs for the numerous Adobe licenses we have, despite it not breaking the bank,. 

IMHO I consider the main advantage of the current 3 product Affinity suite is being a cost effective alternative to Adobe software, plus a bit more streamlined. Even more than that is the advantage of it being young software – an opportunity for the developers to work from the start with a clear idea of how things should be done from a user's perspective.

I also agree that getting in to video editing or other quite disparate offerings would be a tremendous undertaking. Even Adobe (and Apple) products were often purchased from other developers.

What I could imagine as being possible and highly desirable would be web design / HTML editing software. There are a lot of synergies with the current suite and I have been searching for years for something which approached the task as efficiently as Serif does with their products. Every product I find seems to do one part well, but feels like the developer then gave up finishing it. I have longed for a (cost effective) product which would combine drag and drop UI with hand coded HTML. Flux was close but very buggy.

Imagine having an html editor with StudioLink? A variation on Publisher with CSS & Javascript panes. To me, that forth package would round out the suite perfectly. I would be willing to pay 2x the price of Publisher to have that.

I know it isn't a simple thing. Personally I look at the Affinity suite and wonder how Serif managed to create something of such quality and still be in the 1.x version.

That is my dream and I cross my fingers that something is already happening behind the scenes.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:41 AM, haneefy said:

Here's the thing though, Adobe Corporation is worth over 20 billion US dollars and they have over 22,000 staff. Now contrast that with Serif Affinity and their 200 or so staff. Serif Affinity isn't in any position to take on everything that Adobe does and every other software corporation as well.

If you look around at sites like Alternativeto, you'll should be able to find either free or lower cost software alternative options, e.g. from the likes of Ashampoo and Cyberlink and so on.