You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I've an A5 document I need to reduced to under 1MB, and I'm really struggling.  I don't think I'm saving the history, I'm exporting 72 dpi, I've saved the colour in CMYK, I don't think I've any 'white boxes'.  This is one of 2 documents, almost identical (2 job packs), same images, number of pages etc.  The other was fine, well under 1mb.  I can't find a way of reducing this one.  I've gone into Adbobe and reduced the file size of the pdf, I've exported small size pdf, I've gone online and reduced the pdf smaller.  So you can barely make out the pictures - but it is still too big.  What am I missing?

local_groupsandnetworks_72dpi_smaller_6.afpub

• Staff

Hi @Jane P

As @Fixx has said, the problem page is Page 5.  There appears to be Curves object causing some issues (see the attached screenshot).  Not entirely if that should be there as it makes the text unreadable on Page 5 or if thats the look you are going for.   But if you delete that Curve Layer, re-format the text so it fits the page and then export, you should find the PDF is much smaller :) 

1.jpg

Besides the odd text-as-curves layer also an export in CMYK color space increases the file size. Since the PDF isn't meant for professional printing (and appears not to use blend modes or adjustments) an export as RGB would be sufficient.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1