You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Organiser les feuilles de styles. Organize the style sheets.

Il serait bien vu de pouvoir réorganiser manuellement les feuilles de styles, de pouvoir créer des groupes. Bref de libérer l’organisation des feuilles de styles.

It would be nice to be able to manually reorganize the style sheets, to be able to create groups. In short, free the organization of style sheets.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

12 hours ago, uneMule said:

to be able to create groups.

Hello @uneMule,

there are three types of styles: paragraph, character and groups. What are you missing?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

4 hours ago, dominik said:

Hello @uneMule,

there are three types of styles: paragraph, character and groups. What are you missing?

d.

Hello @dominik
Pas mon humour, ni ma bonne humeur.
En fait « groupe » équivaut à « basé sur ». Groupe pour moi est équivalent à dossier.
On crée un dossier et à l’intérieur on met les feuilles de styles relatives à ce dossier.
Quand on met en page des documents conséquents, il n’est pas rare d’avoir une longue liste de feuille de styles avec des noms qui deviennent plus ou moins explicite voire abscons. Surtout quand le projet prend du temps et qu’on revient dessus par épisodes.
En créant des dossier par thématique ou par section ou par ce qu’on veut, on peut aisément avoir deux feuilles de styles qui s’appellent « monTexte » mais qui concernent deux parties très différentes : document courant, bibliographie, index, lexique, appendices, références…
Et la cerise sur le gâteau est de pouvoir les organiser sans tenir compte du nom, du moment de la création, de l’âge du capitaine mais par exemple de l’ordre dans lequel on les utilise.
Bonne journée et merci pour le retour.

Hello @dominik
Not my humor, not my good mood.
Actually “group” is “based on”. Group to me is equivalent to folder.
We create a folder and inside we put the style sheets for that folder.
When you page large documents, it is not uncommon to have a long list of style sheets with names that become more or less explicit or even absolved. Especially when the project takes time and we come back to it in episodes.
By creating folders by theme or by section or by whatever we want, we can easily have two style sheets that are called "myText" but which concern two very different parts: current document, bibliography, index, lexicon, appendices, references…
And the cherry on the cake is to be able to organize them without taking into account the name, the moment of creation, the age of the captain but for example the order in which they are used.
Have a good day and thank you for coming back.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000

12 minutes ago, uneMule said:

Hello @dominik
Not my humor, not my good mood.
Actually “group” is “based on”. Group to me is equivalent to folder.
We create a folder and inside we put the style sheets for that folder.
When you page large documents, it is not uncommon to have a long list of style sheets with names that become more or less explicit or even absolved. Especially when the project takes time and we come back to it in episodes.
By creating folders by theme or by section or by whatever we want, we can easily have two style sheets that are called "myText" but which concern two very different parts: current document, bibliography, index, lexicon, appendices, references…
And the cherry on the cake is to be able to organize them without taking into account the name, the moment of creation, the age of the captain but for example the order in which they are used.
Have a good day and thank you for coming back.

Hi @uneMule,

now I understand, thanks for the explanation. You are looking for an additional way to organize styles. I can see that this may be of value in larger projects as you explain.

Let's see if Serif is picking this up.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

The important clarification for me was the request is about text styles, not styles. They are different kinds of things, but easily confused unless there is enough context to understand which is meant :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

26 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The important clarification for me was the request is about text styles , not styles . They are different kinds of things, but easily confused unless there is enough context to understand which is meant:)

Confusing indeed. It might help to rechristen 'Styles' and call it something like 'Object Styles'. 

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

The important clarification for me was the request is about text styles, not styles. They are different kinds of things, but easily confused unless there is enough context to understand which is meant :)

For some reason I interpreted 'style sheets' as text styles. This happened perhaps because I do not make much use of styles because I find them a little limited in the current implementation. I mean in regard to the missing feature to update them.

d.

37 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Whatever the cause of the confusion, some changes in the terminology will be helpful. 

I think 'object styles' would be indeed a good idea (as you brought up) 🙂

d.

Bonjour à tous,
Dans mon esprit il s’agit des feuilles de styles de paragraphe autant que des feuilles de styles de caractères.
La fonction groupe telle qu’elle est définie est, de mon point de vue, une fausse bonne idée car elle regroupe au même endroit des feuilles de styles qui partagent de caractéristiques similaires mais qui ne sont pas utilisées dans les mêmes parties de la mise en page et c’est ça le plus important.
Bonne soirée à tous.

Good morning everyone,
In my mind these are paragraph style sheets as well as character style sheets.
The group function as defined is, from my point of view, a false good idea because it groups together in the same place leaves of styles that share similar characteristics but that are not used in the same parts of the layout and that is the most important.
Good night to you all.

Toujours pas !

6 hours ago, uneMule said:

How much of my high school French can I recall?  C'est une Bonne idee. 

Not necessarily restricted to large documents, I think your explanation would apply to a magazine perfectly. I can see using a folder system with names on the folders like Article 1, Article 2 etc and in each folder are Styles with the names the same as are in the other folders. Headline, Byline, Caption, Callout, Basic, Quotes as well as the usual Bold Character and Italic Character which could sit outside of the folder structure along with the bog standard page number and date.

Every writer could use the same style names and then their work would get changed in that article only. 

Could even be fairly simple to implement. We are just adding an invisible name to the style so as to be Article 1 Basic Text,  Article 2 Basic TextArticle 3 Basic Text. We would want to search for either Basic Text and get the results for all the articles or ask for a search of only Article 2 Basic Text.

Via Deepl.com

Pas nécessairement limité aux grands documents, je pense que votre explication s'appliquerait parfaitement à un magazine. Je vois que l'on utilise un système de dossiers avec des noms sur les dossiers comme Article 1, Article 2 etc. et dans chaque dossier il y a des Styles avec les mêmes noms que dans les autres dossiers. Titre, Byline, Caption, Callout, Basic, Citations ainsi que les caractères gras et italiques habituels qui pourraient être placés en dehors de la structure du dossier avec le numéro de page standard et la date.

Tous les rédacteurs pourraient utiliser les mêmes noms de style et leur travail serait alors modifié dans cet article uniquement. 

Cela pourrait même être assez simple à mettre en œuvre. Nous ajoutons simplement un nom invisible au style de façon à ce qu'il soit Article 1 du Texte de base, Article 2 du Texte de base, Article 3 du Texte de base. Nous voudrions rechercher soit le Texte de base et obtenir les résultats pour tous les articles, soit demander une recherche uniquement pour l'article 2 du Texte de base.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi @Old Bruce

Et si je pouvais abuser… alors j’abuse.
La possibilité de pouvoir synchroniser les feuilles de styles dans plusieurs documents. Un outil efficace pour avoir une cohérence absolue dans une document segmenté en plusieurs fichiers Publishers.

And if I could abuse…then I abuse.
The ability to synchronize style sheets in multiple documents. An effective tool to have absolute consistency in a document segmented into several Publishers files.

Toujours pas !

On 9/19/2020 at 9:05 PM, uneMule said:

Il serait bien vu de pouvoir réorganiser manuellement les feuilles de styles, de pouvoir créer des groupes. Bref de libérer l’organisation des feuilles de styles.

It would be nice to be able to manually reorganize the style sheets, to be able to create groups. In short, free the organization of style sheets.

Bonjour,

Cela a été demandé plusieurs fois avec toutes les explications nécessaires, l'organisation hiérarchique n'étant utile que lors d'une phase de création ou de modification des styles. Lors du travail sur un document, c'est leur utilité finale qui doit être visible, et organisable autrement qu'en utilisant une nomenclature (Exemple : si pour faciliter leur utilisation on utilise : "Partie bleue" + "Interview" + "Titre", et qu'en révision de maquette cette partie devient rouge, il va falloir renommer beaucoup de styles à la main alors qu'une organisation par dossier simplifierait la tâche.

Malheureusement c'est resté lettre morte, comme la demande de transformer les styles d'objet en vrais styles modifiables (comme le sont les styles de texte).

Hi,

It was asked many times with explanations, since hierarchical organisation is only usefull when creating or modifying styles. When working on a document, it's the final use that should be visible, and being able to organise them i differently than using names (Example: for finding them easily we can name them: "Blue Part" + "Interview" + Title", but if the client whan thispart to be red, we'll have to rename manually a lot of styles when using real folders would be easier.

Sadly, real folders weren't added, like being able to modify (object) styles (the same way we modify text styles).

@Wosven

bonjour, content de vous lire. Comme pour le Grep, le rechercher/remplacer, les feuilles de styles, la synchronisation des styles et garabarits dans plusieurs fichiers... ce qui semble fluide par ailleurs et bloque ici,  il y a encore beaucoup à faire. Si on a une utilisation assez poussée dans son travail de mise en page, cela peut devenir rapidement... frustrant et ajouter de la complexité/impossibilité dans la mise en œuvre de certains projets. Mais comme on dit: Paris ne s'est pas fait en un jour. Restons enthousiaste. Enfin, essayons.

Toujours pas !