You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hardware acceleration for older graphics cards?

• Staff
17 minutes ago, TEcHNOpls said:

Hi,

@Mark Ingram, I have a rather new card (GTX 970, it's 5 y.o. iirc), and I do have that DLL present. Yet, I don't see AP support HW acceleration for me. Any ideas?

What does your Preferences > Performance show in the beta? Should see OpenCL which you should be able to check. Running the latest drivers?

Ok, did some poking, this opencl.ddll is from an older card I had installed previously on my machine. Strange, givent that nvidia claims OpenCL 1.2 compatibility. I'll reinstall my drivers to see if it helps.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Fun fact, if someone has issues with openCL, you can ask them to delete the file and install the drivers again or at least verify the vendor/certificate in this signed DLL. (I'm running nvidia, but had a file signed by AMD). (apparently running nvidai installer will not overwrite opencl.dll if it's present)

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.