You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some transform operations do not respect "lock children"

I can confirm that this happens (only restrictive testing performed) on Windows 10 with Designer 1.8.5.703 (haven’t tested other applications/OSes).
However, I don’t know if this is expected behaviour or not as there may be a good reason for it which I am not aware of.
It doesn’t look right to me but I might not have all the facts.
Maybe someone else has better information.

This limitation occurs not only with Flipping but also with Rotating and Aligning if used as commands (i.e. menu or buttons).

Besides "Lock Children" then also the options "Transform Origin" and "Transform Separately" are ignored.
(while for Aligning these options might not be useful, respectively "Lock Children" in quite specific circumstances only)

1088201929_fliprotatealignbuttonschildrenoriginseparate.jpg.13dccad0f190910784275e17d3eb7c68.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

Hi @Hadriscus, @GarryP and @thomaso,

This issue is logged with the Dev team to resolve, so it isn't expected behaviour and hopefully will be resolved soon :) 

Thanks @stokerg !

while we're on the subject, I would like to creep in a feature request that is related to the issue raised here : mirroring operations right now are done in world space (or document space, not sure how that would be called internally), which means that mirroring a rotated object will change its orientation as well. It would be really cool to have an option to mirror in object space as well (line of symmetry going along the object's own axes, instead of the document's). Alternatively, this could be made to work by letting the user snap to the inverted size of an object when scaling it negatively (which is exactly like mirroring, except currently the user can't constrain the object to the original ratio while doing that, and will inevitably stretch it in one direction or another).

Hadrien