You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi mby852,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

[EDITED] If you are referring to automatically align and merge bracketed photos as in Photomatix and other HDR software, no it's not possible.

You can only do it manually.

Some users already requested this so maybe later. For now we are focused in completing Affinity Photo's roadmap.

@Meb - is that entirely true? The blending options are definitely a way to get exposure blending going. In fact, you guys have a tutorial for that!

Here you go -

Sure, it isn't like luminosity blending, or it doesn't have all the sliders and defaults of Photomatix, but it is possible...

The only prerequisite is that the photos you want to blend are already aligned somehow. In the video above, they show how to use difference mode to align two shots, but I'd prefer an automatic alignment. When I take pictures on a tripod, I import and start working. If handheld, then I go to CS5 To align and then open the resulting psd in Affinity Photo.

• Staff

Hi maritan,

You can do it manually, but that's true for almost anything (panorama stitching for example). I though that the user was referring to do it automatically, meaning loading the various exposures and automatically align and merge them, setting a few parameters to control the process. That's why i've mentioned Photomatix. I should have been more clear. Thanks for raising this.

I've edited the first post to make it more clear.