You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG: Pixel brushes are weird in beta 1.9

I have stumbled into a rather nasty problem with the pixel brushes in the latest betas for both Designer and Photo. When I use exactly the same brush in both the beta and the App Store versions, I get a very different result. It is hard to describe, so have a look at the video. It seems to have something to do with the opacity or flow dynamics, but I am not sure. The first brush one from the Crayon set by Frankentoon. It is a brush with custom wet edges, but not a double brush. The second brush shown is from Eleni Debos brushset (from the Affinity store) which I use with the pixel tool, so no wet edges. No double brush either. It affects other brushes as well, not just these too. I hope you can fix this soon, as it is quite unusable atm.

FWIW I am using both Programs on a 2011 iMac (non-metal compatible) running High Sierra.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "Pixel Brush Tool fails to output if using Accumulation or Flow Jitter when its not 100%" (REF: AFP-3919) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1736".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Pixel Brush Tool fails to output if using Accumulation or Flow Jitter when its not 100%" (REF: AFP-3919) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.