You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.5.703 Spell checker Publisher

Hallo,

ich schreibe die Texte in deutsch. Es kommen darin sowohl deutsche als auch ausländische Ortsbezeichnungen vor, z.B. "Wycliffe Well", "Harbour Bridge", "Uluru-Kata-Tjuta NP", "Mecklenburgische Seenplatte". Gibt es eine Möglichkeit diese Begriffe zu speichern, damit bei der Rechtschreibprüfung nicht über jedes einzelne Wort gestolpert wird und so z.B. nicht "Wycliffe" und "Well" oder "Mecklenburgische" und "Seenplatte" erlernt werden müssen?

Danke und viele Grüße, Uwe

Hello,

I write the texts in German. There are both German and foreign place names in the texts, e.g. "Wycliffe Well", "Harbour Bridge", "Uluru-Kata-Tjuta NP", "Mecklenburgische Seenplatte". Is there a possibility to save these terms so that the spell checker does not stumble over every single word and so that e.g. "Wycliffe" and "Well" or "Mecklenburgische" and "Seenplatte" do not have to be learned?

Thank you and many greetings, Uwe

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Rechtsklick mit dem Textwerkzeug auf das rot unterlegte Wort klicken und aus dem Popup-Menu "Rechtschreibung erlernen" auswählen.

Right-click with the text tool on red underlined word and then select "Learn Spelling" from the popup menu.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Danke für die schnelle Antwort, aber das war nicht die Frage. Ich möchte nicht jeweils "Mecklenburgische" und "Seenplatte" getrennt "lernen", durch den jeweiligen Rechtsklick auf die einzelnen Wörter, sondern den Begriff "Mecklenburgische Seenplatte" als einen zu erlernenden Begriff (sagt man Eigenname dazu?).

Thanks for the quick answer, but that was not the question. I don't want to "learn" "Mecklenburgische" and "Seenplatte" separately, by right-clicking on the individual words, but I want to learn the term "Mecklenburgische Seenplatte" as a term to be learned.

Okay, misunderstood the question. Sorry. I did not found a way. The only space character which glues the words together is the "zero width non joiner", but naturally it has no width. So this is the wrong approach. :(

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I'm afraid this is not possible at the level of the spell checker used (Hunspell), because it is word-oriented.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

As an alternative, set up a Character Text Style that includes a specification of the language. For example, if your document is in German and you have some words in English you can make a text style that says the text is English. You can then apply that text style to your English words, and they will be checked using the English dictionary, rather than the German dictionary.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

17 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

some words in English

If I understand the OP query correctly, it is not a question of checking the correctness of individual words, but of sentences. So separate words "Wycliffe" and "Well" are incorrect, but "Wycliffe Well", is already correct.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Hello,
thanks for your contributions. Yes, text style for words from other languages helps to avoid storing words from different languages in a user dictionary.
What would make sense for me is a scenario similar to an index. You mark a sequence of words and they are then stored in a special dictionary. The spell checker will then recognise from the "markings" that this word order must not be treated "word by word", but that the word order must be analysed.
Many greetings, Uwe