You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity design files won't load properly

I migrated lots of affinity design files to a new computer a short while ago and after trying to open some of them tonight I'm alarmed to find that they won't open properly.

I'm relieved to see that the designs are still visible from the layers panel, but nothing ever loads into the 'canvass' of the application. It's the same for any file I try to load.

My new computer is an i5 MacBook Air with 16GB RAM. Occasionally the colour wheel spinner shows indicating the files are still loading.
that this could be because I've got too many fonts trying to load. I've only installed on additional font on the computer, but even if this is the case I've no idea what to do with this info.

Can anyone help me to resolve this?

8 hours ago, goose1987 said:

I'm relieved to see that the designs are still visible from the layers panel, but nothing ever loads into the 'canvass' of the application

Check to see if you can see your design in the navigator panel. If so, do you have or have had a second screen operating - as the design could be showing on that

Or check that "separator mode" thingy you MAC people have

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.