You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Select same" problem with groups and other

First of massive thanks for that option. this will be crazy useful, one of these "how did I even worked without it" kind of options.

Now the problems.
Designer is selecting same fill color mostly without issues although I had one instance where it wasnt selecting one object definitely with the same fill. No idea why, after a few tries it just worked and I wasnt able to replicate it since...
However what is easy to replicate are problems with groups of objects. If I select an object inside of the group and search for same color fill - designer will find other object and select them even if these are placed in other groups. Great. But if I select a group it is still possible to choose "select same" and then it just goes wild selecting everything or some big chunks of project... I think "select same" should not be available with a whole group selected. So we could avoid confusion.

• Staff

That sounds very reasonable to me, thanks! :)

Incidentally, it *should* be completely deterministic - it should be impossible to generate a different result with the same document, so if you get unexplained behaviour, I'd be really interested in seeing the document and giving it a try? Thank you!

Sadly its a work for client and I cant make it public :( Its often a case -  when I am making some dummy test file everything works fine and if I find bug is in real life scenario :) HOWEVER I dont mean selecting groups gives me some randomized result. It seems to select the same, I just dont know what's the key it is using to select grouped objects. But since we cant select multiple variables anyways (say select same fill + same type) I think "select same" should simply be grayed out just like it is if we select more then one object. I sure let you know if I find out something new.
BTW - when polished and released this option will make my work so much easier, you have no idea (or you do :) ). Thanks guys!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.