You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 1.9.0.733 "New brush from selection" error

I would say this is unexpected result ;) What i did is I scribbled these few black lines and dots you can see on the left (there was no layer originally, it was created by assistant), then I clicked LMB+ctrl on the layer to select it, then I have chosen "new brush from selection" and you can see what result I got (that grey circles). However you can also see that in the list of brushes it shows correctly. Also when I turned on brush editing window - you can see its pure black so I couldnt try to edit it.

Now, after restarting Photo brush actually looked like it should, but brush editing window still shows nothing and seems to work weirdly (I changed accumulation - it worked. But then I changed it back to 100% and it wasnt working...).

I had acceleration turned on, windows 10 2004.

If you need any more info I will be glad to help!

120096596_Screenshot2020-09-16112307.jpg.2104cfbc4594e44bc84c5611128d9551.jpg

I turned off acceleration, it worked ok after that. But was extremely slow, almost to the point of unusable. I turned acceleration back on and... it was working ok with acceleration... Brush showed up as it should. Not only that, but I have repeated steps and it created brush just fine after that. Maybe some initial quirk... I dont know.
Ow, and I checked also creating brush with other color then black - then it shows in the Brush Editing window just fine. So the issue there is - if you create black brush it will show up black on black and you cant see what you are editing IF you have dark UI. I checked in light UI it shows up fine. So maybe solution to thet would be changing background of Brush Editing window to some bit lighter grey not completely black so it will be harder to match exactly background.

In the end it all looks like some initial problem that disappear and I cant replicate it anymore...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.