You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sports Day

eejits

Here's a small part of a larger panel I'm working on for a client. Took me a fair while but I'm really happy with the results, all thanks to the power of AD! 

George

post-277-0-99043800-1440108074_thumb.jpg

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

It's good to see that you've got another distinct style.

Two questions: Where's the red marker rag for the TOW rope? What is that green gunk on that guy's tongue B/R corner of picture?

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Thanks guys!

Peter: Dammit, you're right. I had the flag on the rope in my initial sketch, forgot to add it to the final image. I'll get that sorted! The green gunk is supposed to be blue/transparent slevers hanging from his tongue. I'll lighten that up too! Thanka man!

George

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

eejits (George),

Aside from the happy pleasure which I take in seeing such a well done image, such as this very one, I also try my best to 'take' something that will help me in what I attempt to create (or at least to 'borrow' it).

Please, do not take the following statement the 'wrong' way. The shadows, clouds, blade-less grass, and the very forms of the windows which you have so 'playfully' created all have helped me to see that I need to try to 'lighten up' and stop trying to force all that I do to be' proper', 'natural', or 'realistic'; I mean this in the very best way possible.

I was absolutely delighted by your elliptical shadows and those cute 'curley-Qs' in the clouds actually brought a big smile to my face. Were I to have even attempted a comparable illustration, I undoubtably would have been hunched over fiddling around trying to pop in some bits of grass blade here and there or making a conscious and serious effort to keep in mind my light 'source' as I toiled with the shadows.  Silly me. I now think that I need to schedule a bit of time to just work on something for fun and play around a bit more.

Thanks eejits for posting this and the other wonderful work you do - for our enjoyment and my education!   :)

eejits (George),

Please, do not take the following statement the 'wrong' way. The shadows, clouds, blade-less grass, and the very forms of the windows which you have so 'playfully' created all have helped me to see that I need to try to 'lighten up' and stop trying to force all that I do to be' proper', 'natural', or 'realistic'; I mean this in the very best way possible.

George and the equally talented Craig are fully qualified in two things...great art and fun. And that's what makes their work great!

How cool would it be, if those two worked together? ;)  B)

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

Thanks guys!

Peter: Dammit, you're right. I had the flag on the rope in my initial sketch, forgot to add it to the final image. I'll get that sorted! The green gunk is supposed to be blue/transparent slevers hanging from his tongue. I'll lighten that up too! Thanka man!

George

Tie a knot in your hanky, so you don't forget. :P  :P

George and the equally talented Craig are fully qualified in two things...great art and fun. And that's what makes their work great!

How cool would it be, if those two worked together? ;)  B)

Thanks for the compliment Peter and for comparing me to Craig. He's a fantastic artist, and dare I say it, a lot more talented than myself. But imagine the weird and wonderful creations that could be smashed together!

George

eejits (George),

Aside from the happy pleasure which I take in seeing such a well done image, such as this very one, I also try my best to 'take' something that will help me in what I attempt to create (or at least to 'borrow' it).

I was absolutely delighted by your elliptical shadows and those cute 'curley-Qs' in the clouds actually brought a big smile to my face. Were I to have even attempted a comparable illustration, I undoubtably would have been hunched over fiddling around trying to pop in some bits of grass blade here and there or making a conscious and serious effort to keep in mind my light 'source' as I toiled with the shadows.  Silly me. I now think that I need to schedule a bit of time to just work on something for fun and play around a bit more.

Thanks eejits for posting this and the other wonderful work you do - for our enjoyment and my education!   :)

Wow! :D

Thanks for such a wonderfully thought out response. I read it over and over again.

I always aim for a cartoony style. I could have added more blades of grass, more reflection in the windows (I did try but it didn't look right) and fluffier clouds but I like the bold style that AD affords me. It does, however, take me far too long to create something like this......

However, I don't think there's a right or a wrong way when it comes to style, if you want to create something awesome and more realistic and it makes you happy, then why shouldn't you?!? At the end of the day, it's your time, create something that makes you smile.

Thanks again justwilliam for the great reply. I really do appreciate you taking the time out to write it.

George