You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Divide does not yet work as one is used to from Illustrator and other graphics programs

Hello,

It's good that the Divide function has been revised.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work as it should.
Therefore I added three videos. Once when executing in the designer, which did not achieve the desired result. And the second video by doing the same function in Illustrator and getting the result I wanted.

In Designer I lose my contour object, which is also completely split up. So I have to laboriously combine all the surfaces again so that I get my contour line again or I have to make a copy beforehand and remove all purple and blue surfaces that I don't need after performing Divide.

In Illustrator, my outline object remains and there are no additional blue areas underneath. The remaining blue areas are then individual.

Tried another way to get the result you wanted (video 3). First I duplicated the contour object; I then subtracted the duplicate from the blue area and then applied the Divide command to the blue area. But then suddenly surfaces appear again on the surfaces that were previously removed.

Actually, only the blue areas should remain and be separated from each other in order to have them all individually.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.