You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Delete master page entirely, but retain all objects on other pages based on it?

Newbie here.

I'm working on a calendar with 12 pages – first time to use APu (very much). I initially created a master page ("A") for objects at the bottom of each page (month, quotation, etc.). But that data itself and formatting (colors) are different on every page. and I'm sick of dealing with the master page. Is there a way of retaining what I have on those other pages that is based on the master page, but getting rid of the master itself entirely? I tried deleting the master page from the pages panel, but it deleted all associated data on the other pages. I tried "Edit detached", but I don't even want the 12 month pages associated with any master now.

If it's not possible to preserve the derived objects while deleting the master page, then what I want to do is copy the text in each text box which was "inherited" from the master page to a separate app; then I'll delete the master page completely and re-create those text boxes.

Thank you.

Affinity Publisher 1.8.4 on Mac OS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

17 hours ago, ETC said:

different on every page.

EDIT: the following doesn't do it, it rather works like "Clear Master" and deletes the edited objects, too.

This will remove master page layers + master objects which are not edited ("different") on the document pages.

482873312_Bildschirmfoto2020-09-15um17_17_50.jpg.7b716fd7c63bddbe385238fe6c9a49d7.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

@ETC I am sorry, I just noticed my hint above is not correct, it works like the "Clear Master" command and also removes edited master objects. Currently I have no idea of a short way to get rid of master layers without removing its edited objects on the document pages. The long way would be to rearrange the master layer content on every single document page.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1