You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can Photo open Mos (Leaf raw files) ?

19 minutes ago, eric55 said:

Thank you!

Sorry again something is not completely clear. In the list of the supported raw from Affinity my camera is listed, for the apple list it is not. Was does that mean?

Most likely it means that you can't use the Apple Core Image Raw engine and will need to use the Affinity Raw engine.

You could try and post a file from your camera back to here on the forums. I am running Mac OS 10.14.6

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 5 months later...

I post this question months ago. In the meantime I purchased Affinity on two different Macbook. Everything was fine until I recently update one of them. From this update (1.9.0) my Mos files cannot be open properly. They all open with a red layer on it and very dark. No way to process those raw files. I tried to change all the settings in the assistant (seriff labs/Apple, and other settings), but still the same result. On the other computer, I didn't update to the last version and it works well. What was changed in the last update? How can I solve the problem? At the moment I cannot use Affinity as it doesn't work.

43 minutes ago, eric55 said:

I purchased Affinity on two different Macbook

Did you purchase two different versions (the Mac App Store version and the Affinity Store version) or did you make just one purchase and install the same version on both MacBooks? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I purchased both of them from Affinity store, two different licences. But why should it be different to buy on Affinity store or not??

As I wrote, only on one of them I made  the update that causes problems.

36 minutes ago, eric55 said:

But why should it be different to buy on Affinity store or not??

It shouldn’t, as far as I know. There are issues with things like plugins because of the sandbox used by MAS apps, but that’s clearly irrelevant here. (If you didn’t want both versions you don’t need two single-user licences, which is what prompted me to ask.)

Are you unable to replace the newer version with the older one on the machine where you’re having problems?

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/photo/1

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks. I will try now to download the 18.6 one.

I purchased two times, as the second Macbook will be used by one of my workers. I advised him already to don't update Affinity.

If the oldest version works again I will let you know.