You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

export persona create different dimmensions than artboard

bajqo

• Staff

Hi @bajqo,
Make sure the X,Y coordinates of the artboards are all integer pixel values. It you look at the screenshot you posted, the Y coordinate of the selected artboard in the Transform panel is not an integer value (2192,4), thus it adds an additional pixel to the export dimensions of that artboard. To prevent this (non-integer values) from happening enable Force Pixel Alignment in the main toolbar (the most left icon in the Snapping group) and disable Move by whole pixels (the icon immediately to the right of the Force Pixel Alignment icon) from beginning (changing it at this point will NOT fix the previously created artboards).

Also consider to increase the number of decimal places for Pixel units in Affinity Preferences, User Interface section to 2 or 3 so you can also detect cases where the coordinates may have a zero after the comma (like 2192,04).

Thank you for your help but I dont understand how can position coordinates on artboard can affect it dimmensions.... as you can see the width and height is whole number and for export to folder is position on artboard irelevant. Now with so many artboards it will take hours to repair evry pixel :(

• Staff

Hi @bajqo,
It's because artboards in Designer are just a special type of object, not independent entities/canvas on their own. So like any other object they can be positioned on non-integer values as well converted between objects/artboards (menu Layer > Convert Object to Artboard and vice versa), used in power duplicate operations to create grids of artboards (for icon design for example) etc. We hope to improve this in future to "force" artboards to export at their specified dimensions, no matter their X,Y coordinates/placement on the workspace.

If you enable Force Pixel Alignment and disable Move by whole pixels, you should be able to drag them a bit by their label (on the top left of the artboard) and they will snap to integer pixel values for you without having to mess with the input fields in the Transform panel.

Check your Designer Preferences, User Interface, and see how many decimal places you have specified for px values. If it's a small value (0 or 1) try increasing it to a large value, perhaps 6:

image.png.7958ff65fc012c1fcbf0b15783451201.png

Then check the Transform panel values for that object again.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

48 minutes ago, bajqo said:

Thank you @walt.farrell i see now that the walue is much longer and no integer but the question is why it changes? I set the walue of the firt picture to be exact number and allign others to first :( and now I see that it is no exactly correct :( 

I'm not sure how you're aligning them, so I can't really comment on what happened. But if you have the Snapping options that @MEB suggested (Force Pixel Alignment on, Move by Whole Pixels off) and you have Snapping enabled, I would have expected that any movement of the artboards would get them properly aligned.

(Was it the Y coordinate of that artboard that was still wrong?)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I make exactly what @MEB suggested. Force pixel alignment set ON and move by whole pixels OFF - then I moved with all the artboards but I make frame by frame animation so I have a row of artboards so I have moved just first one a thnen align to top all of the others. And others have Y coordinate wrong :(