You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can't save vector file in pdf

I made some business cards in Publisher, but when I want to save them in pdf, the vectors always rasterized. I tried lots of different adjustments, the "Allow advanced features" was selected on export, and I tried to use old Publisher versions, but none of them worked. What else can I do? Or this is a bug?

publisher.jpg

Try grouping all your vectors and putting them at the top of the layer stack

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Just now, Dazmondo77 said:

Try grouping all your vectors and putting them at the top of the layer stack

Oh... and all your fonts - just make sure all your raster work is behind the vectors + any FX on vectors will rasterise

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Can you post the file so we can track down the rasterising culprit?

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

I made experiments and I think I found the problem - I drawed the stars and the brush with curves in Designer. But after that I changed the strokes - I used one of the Brushes. On my computer they looks like vectors, but when I save them, they are rasterised. Is this the problem?

What pdf output settings are you using? You do not need to do a whole lot in Publisher or anything really. I opened Publisher and placed in a vector EPS file. I did nothing but export to PDF using "PDF for print" setting.

Now if your files are not actually vector as you mentioned then you obviously won't get vector files for the PDF. 

1 hour ago, HoliVivi said:

This is the first page: card

I am assuming it is the gold splatters at the top you are questioning? It is certainly not vector. Not sure how to tell what the file type is as I don't seem to have an option to edit original (could be my lack of knowledge with Publisher). There file is missing linked files for the social media and QR images. These are all PNG files according to the resource manager and PNG is not vector. 

What file format did you save the gold splatter at the top in? If you want to keep it vector I would save as a PDF. 

12 minutes ago, wonderings said:

I am assuming it is the gold splatters at the top you are questioning? It is certainly not vector. Not sure how to tell what the file type is as I don't seem to have an option to edit original (could be my lack of knowledge with Publisher). There file is missing linked files for the social media and QR images. These are all PNG files according to the resource manager and PNG is not vector. 

No, the gold splatters is not vector and I know it. That isn't the problem. The missing linked files aren't missing, I just forget to upload them to the drive, where you found the file.

22 minutes ago, wonderings said:

What pdf output settings are you using? You do not need to do a whole lot in Publisher or anything really. I opened Publisher and placed in a vector EPS file. I did nothing but export to PDF using "PDF for print" setting.

Now if your files are not actually vector as you mentioned then you obviously won't get vector files for the PDF. I have not followed some of the issues with Designer but I do believe I read something that Designer brush strokes are not vector. I could be wrong about that. I would say it is a file issue though especially if you are creating the files in Designer.

I tried every pdf output, but none of them worked. I made the logo in Designer and the business card in Publisher. The logo looks like as a vector, but when I saved it, then it rasterized. In the beginning, I didn't think that the brush strokes are the problem. Now I seached more and I found the post, what you mentioned: 

"Currently Affinity Designer doesn't support "pure" vector brushes and by this i mean brushes composed by vector objects rather than images. ... We do have plans to improve the vector brush engine to include/support true vector based brushes later."

1 hour ago, HoliVivi said:

I drawed the stars and the brush with curves in Designer. But after that I changed the strokes

Thats your problem by the sound of it just convert them back to vectors and all should be good

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk