You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Have to re-buy Affinity Photo even though I already own it!

I just bought a new Macbook Air and I'm trying to download Affinity Photo off my iCloud. It isn't there and when I go to the app store the only option showing up is to re-buy it! I'm signed into the app store, and I only have one iCloud account and this is the one I used to buy Affinity Photo. I previously bought Scrivener with my old Mac and I had no trouble re-installing the app on my Macbook Air so I know it's not an issue with my account. Can I get some help with this? 

I would suggest you either bought it under a different iCloud account or purchased it direct from Affinity. If you did indeed buy from the Mac App store there will be a record and you will have a receipt of your purchase that would have been emailed to you. Would be a serious issue on Apple's side if they were losing purchased info information. Simplest solutions is different iCloud account used to purchase or you forgot you bought direct from Affinity.

On 9/14/2020 at 6:00 AM, wonderings said:

I would suggest you either bought it under a different iCloud account or purchased it direct from Affinity. If you did indeed buy from the Mac App store there will be a record and you will have a receipt of your purchase that would have been emailed to you. Would be a serious issue on Apple's side if they were losing purchased info information. Simplest solutions is different iCloud account used to purchase or you forgot you bought direct from Affinity.

I bought it directly from Affinity. Does this mean I have re-buy it? 

5 hours ago, Fatima951 said:

I bought it directly from Affinity. Does this mean I have re-buy it? 

No but it does explain why you do not see it in the Mac App store. Just log into the Affinity/Serif website with the email you used to purchase the software and download it again. It should have your registration number as well.

If you buy from the Mac App store your versions of Affinity will come from there for all new downloads for new computers. If you buy from Affinity all downloads will come from the website, they do not cross over. 

Specifically, for prior purchases from the Affinity Store: https://affinity.store/account/downloads should enable you to find what you previously purchased.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1