You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text goes out of text frame before page break in large document

LMroz

Hi guys,

Im working on very big document (hundreds of pages) with many images and lately I found an issue with the page break. Let me show you an image:

image.thumb.png.6fe8734ea09f488f6a3b157cae122b4e.png

On the left you can see two linked pages with one paragraph of text. On the right - is an original text pasted into Publisher. As you can notice, the highlighted text is not shown in Publisher - it goes out of frame. It looks like page break is done one text line too late. And the was pasted wuthout formatting (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + V) so it's not the issue here.

I didn't find any similar issue on the forum so I decided to create new thread.

Thanks in advance.

Publisher version. 1.8.5.703

Edited by LMroz

On 9/14/2020 at 1:20 PM, Jon P said:

I'll probably need to see the file here to see why it's missing, if you enable show text flow to see where frames are linked are they in the correct order?

Can you upload the file here and I'll take a look

Hi Jon,

Yes, frames are linked in correct order and I remember that there was not such problem some time ago and I wonder if it started to happen because the file is such big - maybe not in size but in page number. And there are many images also.

I uploaded the file to the link you gave. However there may be images missing since they are just linked and not embeded into the file itself. The text I showed in the first post is on page 144 and 145.

Thanks.

I believe I've been having the same problem. Not a particularly large file and hand-typed.

Text at the bottom of a text frame disappears instead of appearing in the next linked text box.

I have to fix it using carriage returns, fortunately I'm able to adjust paragraph sizes to implement that.

1 hour ago, Rainieria said:

I believe I've been having the same problem. Not a particularly large file and hand-typed.

Text at the bottom of a text frame disappears instead of appearing in the next linked text box.

I have to fix it using carriage returns, fortunately I'm able to adjust paragraph sizes to implement that.

Can you provide the file?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 9/16/2020 at 5:48 PM, Jon P said:

I'm still looking at this but out of curiosity do you have what the text was pasted from? Can you upload it to the same link?

Hi Jon,

I copied the text from Facebook but I also tried to paste it into Windows Notepad first and then into Publisher, to be sure that there was no strange formating characters. So it was basically plain text.

I also tried to delete spaces between the words in Publisher to get rid of any formating and insert them again but it didn't help also.

Edited by LMroz

• Staff

@LMroz Thanks for the info, it's definitely not related to that then since you used notepad to clear the formatting (a trick I like to use!)

I've logged this, but from what I can see it's related to the picture that is pinned on page 144. Changing this to Inline and then back to pinned resolves it for me, do you find the same?

@Rainieria Maybe you have a similar pinned image, but as Walt says we'll need to see the file to check if it's the same issue.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

On 9/22/2020 at 1:18 PM, Jon P said:

@LMroz Thanks for the info, it's definitely not related to that then since you used notepad to clear the formatting (a trick I like to use!)

I've logged this, but from what I can see it's related to the picture that is pinned on page 144. Changing this to Inline and then back to pinned resolves it for me, do you find the same?

@Rainieria Maybe you have a similar pinned image, but as Walt says we'll need to see the file to check if it's the same issue.

Hi Jon,

Yes, you're right, the issue seems to be related to images. I just changed the pin position for the image on page 144 and this also fixed the problem:

image.png.b278bead2237a8b7b9fc2028488d37ed.png

But still - I don't think this should happen anyway, right? :)