You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Faulty curves export: extra lines and forkings appear that are not in original document

Hello everyone, 

when I export my drawings and handwritten text in curves format (pdf, eps, svg) I get these "forks" and prolonged lines at some places. These forks and lines are nowhere to be seen on the screen (they are just not there, also no hidden layers) and they are also not there, when I export in jpg, png. I get them only when I export in curves.

I need the document in curves but without the extra lines and forks. 

Here shown at text, but happens also with drawings.

Thank you for your help.

trouble shooting.jpg

Edited by Koenig

• Staff

Ho @Koenig,

Welcome to the forums :)

18 hours ago, Koenig said:

when I export my drawings and handwritten text in curves format (pdf, eps, svg) I get these "forks" and prolonged lines at some places. These forks and lines are nowhere to be seen on the screen (they are just not there, also no hidden layers) and they are also not there, when I export in jpg, png. I get them only when I export in curves.

Sorry to hear this! Could you please provide a copy of the Affinity file in question? This will allow me to investigate this issue for you. 

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, I have identified this issue that is causing this and I've logged it as a bug with our developers.

It appears as though the 'hooks' with large bezier handles at the end of your curves are causing this issue when exporting, which due to the pressure applied to the curve, Expands the stroke. You can see the same issue pre-export if you select these objects and use Layer>Expand Stroke.

As mentioned, this is now logged with our developers and we hope to have this fixed shortly, my apologies for any inconveniences in the meantime!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hello @Dan C

thanks so much for your help. You are amazing! When this issue is fixed, do I need to dowload any app updates or this happens automaticaly? 

Meanwhile I have discovered another issue, which might be relevant to this one. (If not relevant here, I can start another thread.)

Im my works I use short line hatching and I use the pressure control (I need an uneven thickness of the lines). Many of the lines appear not solid, but have these white spots at the starting point (shown on the image). When I open the stroke studio, I see a cluster of pressure nodes at the beginning of the line, that indicates pressure dynamic. When I delete some of them, these white spots disappear. But I am not able to do this manualy, since I have hundreds of short strokes im my image. 

These white spots appear in every format (on the screen, pixel exports and vector exports). I use iPad and Apple Pencil.

Thanks again for your help!

IMG_0923.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi there, my sincerest apologies for the delayed response!

16 hours ago, Koenig said:

Any thoughts when this issue can be fixed

Unfortunately the only update to this bug report thus far is that the development team are investigating this. We do hope to resolve it ASAP, but I cannot offer a timeline currently, apologies.

16 hours ago, Koenig said:

Also any ideas regarding the white spots mentioned in the post above? 

This is a well documented bug that our developers are certainly aware of and I've been told they're working to resolve this also. As above however, we don't have any timescales at this time.

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...