You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush menu not loading

Hi There

I've just purchase Affinity Photo, which asked me to update to the latest version 1.8.5..

In doing so I don't have the Brushes menu or anything related to brushes.

Anyone can assist me on how to restore the menu???

Thanks in advance

Luis Tapia

OZ

I am not sure what you mean by painting menu only or what the partial solution you mentioned involved, but if you are talking about the Brushes studio panel, while in the Photo persona open the View > Studio menu item & make sure there is a checkmark for the Brushes item.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi RCR

thank you for your reply.

As I said I'm new to Affinity and probably my jargon is not correct. Find attached a Pic of the issue.

When I was in the free preview version, under photo persona I was able to see a full menu under Brushes, next Histogram,Colors, Swatches...after I purchased the software these menu did not appears anymore

Are you with me?

I download from Leigh a small portion of that feature "Painting"...but I have nothing else as in the past....

Hope that's clear as mud...!

Luis

affScrn.png

On 9/13/2020 at 8:44 PM, ltapia said:

When I was in the free preview version, under photo persona I was able to see a full menu under Brushes, next Histogram,Colors, Swatches...after I purchased the software these menu did not appears anymore

If by "full menu" you mean all of the brushes in a selected brush category, you can scroll down to see the others or resize the Brushes panel by dragging down on the divider below it to show more brushes without scrolling, or drag it out of the panel group so it floats & resize its height to do the same.

But keep in mind that some brush categories have so many brush presets in them that you may still need to scroll to see them all.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

You not follow me....

When I said under Brushed panel your menu should display several other options for brushes...  the Free trial version contains all that ...the new (paid ) version have NOTHING....except for the 'Painting' brushes I downloaded from one of the guys in this forum called Leigh...Is this  too difficult to understand ? I seen, that all those options that you can move the panel and resize the brushes ect...

I'm refering to the list of Brushes that was in the FREE version and is not in the updated version 1.8.5.....JUST FOLLOW THE ATTACHED IMAGE , RCR.

Obviously you don't solve software issues and don't know the solution...it would be good, that someone with the knowleged of the Affinity Backend can give me a proper advise...

I can reinstall the software just send the instructions, simple...maybe is an issue with my machine...don't know! 

MORE OVER

On affScrn2.png as you see (attached) don't have Styles in the Style panel either (taken from the Afinity Manual as despicted on affScrn3.png)

affScrn2.png

affScrn3.png

• Staff

Hi @ltapia,

Sorry to see you're having trouble.

7 hours ago, ltapia said:

I'm refering to the list of Brushes that was in the FREE version and is not in the updated version 1.8.5.....JUST FOLLOW THE ATTACHED IMAGE , RCR.

Obviously you don't solve software issues and don't know the solution...

I can see that you're missing brush categories and your Styles are empty, which certainly indicates an issue with the apps installation - however this was not abundantly clear from your initial posts and I must ask you to review our Forum Guidelines, specifically:

"Be nice. Do not insult, harass, or "SHOUT" at anyone. Any personal criticism or attacks will immediately result in your account being suspended or removed."

R C-R was kindly offering his time to help support your issue, so please re-evaluate your responses here.

Now, in regards to the issue you're having, I'd like to try and reset your app back to it's default settings, as this should hopefully restore your Brushes and Styles. 

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc.

Please do let me know if this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thankyou DanC,

I'm glad that finally my issue is understood.

I believe that my frustration over pass the calm and serenity, specially when you're not finding the correct answers to your problem.

I wanted to see this as Customer Support that resolved issue at various level (obviously was not).

I had explained at from my simple problem, very simple I can see you have the right word to the issue which is apreciated.

More on that I had followed your instructions and relaunched the App to find it as it was in the original state when I bought this software.

Until now nothing has change the issue still appear to be the same. I had attached the screenshot to see the current state...do you have any other solution?

Appreciate you time and pacience on this, thanks

Luis

affScrn4.png

Hi DanC,

I'll give the action that should be recommended for beginers IF ever encounter this issue again...

After followed your steps  as described above....I though the only solution here was to CLEAN software version...

I had delete/moved all reference to Affinity from my PC.

Reload a new version as it is for new user of the App. Results I got everything back the way it's ought to be.

Keep in mind a simple issue to fix specially if the person is new to this whole experience.

For future reference and I can praise your responses in keeping the level of understanding specially for the newers.

Cheers

Luis

• Staff

Many thanks for letting me know Luis, I'm sorry to hear the reset did not help but I will certainly keep this in mind for other users who have the same issue!

Please do let me know if you have any further issues/questions :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!