You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher background curve HSL 0,0,92 exports as white

I have made a simple shape straight in Designer on my master, and it exports to PDF fine... except when I choose the color to be H 0 S 0 L 92... then it exports as white, even though it's clearly grey in Publisher. Switching to C 6 M 5 Y 5 K 0 doesn't help. However, if I don't change the color and instead rasterize it, it shows up in the PDF.

Anyone else found this bug?

• Staff

I added a shape onto a document in Designer applied the same fill (H:0 S:0 L:92) and exported to PDF, seems fine, see attached screenshot. I repeated the same steps in Publisher (not sure if you used Designer or Publisher as reference both) and the exported PDF is the same. Are you doing anything else in your workflow, did you change any PDF export options?

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 10.26.29.png

Ok, so I tried a different PDF viewer, and it turns out the fault lies with Foxit MobilePDF... so much for one of the more popular Windows 10 PDF viewers. :(

(Stupid Microsoft for killing their Reader... I'll never get used to viewing PDFs in a browser.)