You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I lock the artboard layer to the bottom of the layer stack?

When I use the text tool it always creates a new layer below the artboard layer even when that layer is locked.  Is there a way to keep the artboard layer at the bottom of the stack or to somehow get each new text layer to be created above the artboard layer?

I searched the FAQs for this topic but found nothing.  Thanks for any help with this.

4 hours ago, michaelws said:

Is there a way to keep the artboard layer at the bottom of the stack or to somehow get each new text layer to be created above the artboard layer?

You can drag text layers to the top of the layer stack, so they are effectively "outside" the artboard but the real question is...

Why would you want/need to do that?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Just for saving time.  I guess one doesn't need to create on the actual artboard.  I was just wondering why every successive text entry automatically goes to the bottom of the layer stack instead of to the top of the already selected layer.

Thanks for the reply and I love your Boris Johnson line about punctuation grammar and spelling!

3 hours ago, michaelws said:

Just for saving time.  I guess one doesn't need to create on the actual artboard.  I was just wondering why every successive text entry automatically goes to the bottom of the layer stack instead of to the top of the already selected layer.

Thanks for the reply and I love your Boris Johnson line about punctuation grammar and spelling!

You can alter the normal insertion point using these settings but don’t think this is what you are after.

2223E30E-D627-474C-B86E-EC1583DC8D52.jpeg

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help