You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm unable to pin an object so that it remains at the bottom of the frame in which its pin resides when its pin moves between frames.  No matter what settings I use, the object (a picture frame in this example) remains in the frame where it originated, regardless of where its pin ends up.

It seems an common enough situation; what am I doing wrong?

Problem image.png

Example Doc.afpub

The image does eventually jump from the left text panel to the right text panel you just have to press return more times than you think. in the example below I had to press return 15 times. It wasn’t until the text title which is aligned to the top of the image moved over to the right that the image also followed.
image.png.a2c0098c61a9b879ce27a7474559b259.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

10 hours ago, CommiePinko said:

I'm unable to pin an object so that it remains at the bottom of the frame in which its pin resides when its pin moves between frames. 

If you want the picture at the bottom of the frame then put it (with text wrap applied) at the bottom of the frame and do not pin it to text in the frame. Pinning is for images which must move with the text.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

So if the text flows to another frame you want the image to follow but be placed at the bottom of the frame it moves to, so the image always gets placed at the bottom of whatever text frame it’s in?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

14 hours ago, CommiePinko said:

Thanks, but for the image to move with the text is precisely what I want:  "…pin an object so that it remains at the bottom of the frame in which its pin resides when its pin moves between frames."  I want the image to follow its pin.

There is no easy way around this.
As the Heading "Kittens Against Auto Emissions
" is moved from one frame to the next due to text being added or deleted earlier in the text flow we can see that there is a point at which we cannot have the picture and the Heading on the same page due to there being not enough text on the original page for the Heading to be on the next page once the picture moves over.
I have removed the pin and am just moving the Kitten by hand but the same thing happens with the Pinning setup like this:

1516721189_ScreenShot2020-09-11at7_32_54AM.png.059a9b7aaf9032ae0f25dd6285163b83.png

Here is the movie:

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.