You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo filling areas for example paint brush made area with bitmap/gradient

Affinity Photo filling areas for example paint brush made area. i seen their demostartion video where there is docuemnt where is shapes are made with geotric tools (i dont even know how) they filled areas with flood fill tool with bitmap. i dont understanded it tired many times and is possible but how area what i made paint brush tool i can fill this kind areas single colour but bitmap and gradient fill no luck. please give docuemntation stills and words not in video. single reason i can print pages but noi videos and keeping focus to video is harder and i understand better what i read than what i hear.

• Staff

Hi MxHeppa,

As far as I'm aware this isn't possible using shapes made with the paint brush tool however you should be able to do this if you create closed shapes with the Pen Tool/

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, Callum said:

Hi MxHeppa,

As far as I'm aware this isn't possible using shapes made with the paint brush tool however you should be able to do this if you create closed shapes with the Pen Tool/

Thanks

i found way i feel it reqular colour like black stuff i fill with red. and use fill layer and select this red area. then can edit such fill layer what ca n use put textures to it. i try learn also pen tool how is used. is nice tool but not suitavble what iwanted (but i found acceptable solution as i say to what i wanted) but suitable some other uses.