You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with PNG output on slices and naming

thegary

4 hours ago, Gabe said:

Hi @thegary,

We need to see the file. Can't really tell without seeing it. 

I can't replicate this either. Can you attach a screen recording of this in action please?

I did screen captures of the what the layers are. It happens every time you reuse a file. 

One of the other people replying replicated the issue as well. I can't do a screen recording where i am not for another month. But if you repoen a old file save it as a new name. 

edit something . Change the layer name to your new names relavant to the file. Go to slices, some of the layers in slices to not take the new layer names. You have to go in manually and rename them.

Sorry I can't do more than that at the moment. 

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

• Staff

I'm afraid without the file, we can't investigate the PNG issue. 

Same goes for your second issue with renaming slices. I tried to replicate it here, and it works. We don't know what else might be happening, so a screen recording is the only solution here. 

17 hours ago, thegary said:

Change the layer name to your new names relavant to the file. Go to slices, some of the layers in slices to not take the new layer names. You have to go in manually and rename them.

Did you try and delete the Slice name and just hit enter. So when its empty, it usually gets the name from layer than. The Slice can have its own name if entered.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Type    x64-based PC

6 hours ago, Rondem said:

Did you try and delete the Slice name and just hit enter. So when its empty, it usually gets the name from layer than. The Slice can have its own name if entered.

@Rondem

Thanks for your reply.

I will give that a try, but if i have renamed the layers before going to slices, it usually renames one slice but not another. Sometimes it doesn't rename any.

Seem as though if the layer names are correct , then so should the slices layers by default.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.